Imagine your pastor addressing the congregation’s growing waistlines from the pulpit. Or your faith community helping you heal your fears and past hurts. Is Christianity only about our spiritual health, or does the Gospel speak to mental and physical health as well?
In this episode of the Lifeschool Podcast, we talk about the beautiful results of having and believing in a more holistic gospel… One that speaks into all of life: mind, body, and soul.
It can seem scary at first to lovingly address the health of others. But we live in a world that is literally sick and dying for a greater love to show up and offer hope. Will you allow the gospel to bring you into those places in others lives?
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How the overarching story of God’s interaction with mankind in the Bible is completely holistic in nature.
- Jesus’ surprisingly succinct and holistic explanation of the Law and Commandments.
- Why having a more holistic experience of the gospel sends us out on mission.
- How caring for yourself is often necessary when caring for others.
- Practical steps to begin caring for your physical, spiritual, and mental health (in light of the gospel) right now.
The gospel addresses and redeems ALL areas of life. Do you love people enough to speak the truth in love to them in connection to their health? How about their work life and pace, or parenting, etc? This episode will unlock new avenues of faith-life understanding and freedom.
Each week the Big 3 will give you immediate action steps to get you started.
Download today’s BIG 3 right now. Read and think over them again later. You might even want to share them with others…
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Join us on Facebook and take part in the discussion!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of this page or right below.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Lifeschool Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode: